Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The very first day

Today was my first day in D.C., and coincidentally, Memorial Day. This means not many people at the airport. yay! The first thing I was not expecting was the heat. I thought I was used to the heat, being from the V.I. and living in Hotlanta for a summer or two, but boy was I wrong. Add the ridiculous heat to having to drag two bags behind me for two blocks, and you get an extremely hot, slightly angry me. How they expect to wear suits/wool in the middle of summer is beyond me. Good thing I packed a lot of shorts and dresses. ;.)

So I roll up to Dakota Hall, the dorm that I will be residing in at George Washington University (GWU). From the outside, it looks pretty sweet. In the welcome packet from CBCF, they describe it as a modern dorm...ha! Not that I had high expectations anyways but still. I am in a suit with three other people who are really nice. Below are pictures of the room.








My bed is the one at the end where all the windows are. I'll take another picture when its clean later.

No comments:

Post a Comment