Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Bag

So we have to have some sort of bag/purse for all of our stuff that we carry around. Since I can't go around with my green ratty backpack dressed up in business casual. It just wouldn't gel. So most girls carry around big purses so they can fit all their stuff in it, including notepads and binders. Here is a rundown of all the items that I was carrying in my bag today. Some of these items are regulars, some are one day only's:

1 Pair of Flip-flops (Are replaced by heels in the morning and evening)
1 squished half of a Italian BLT footlong (one time event)
1 current newspaper
1 pocket copy of the Constitution
1 Message pad that receptionists use
Many pens
2 String Cheese (from a reception this evening)
1 spoon
1 Wallet
1 Cell Phone
1 Intern ID Badge
1 travel sized bottle of perfume
2 Lip Balm
1 Ipod and accompanying headphones
2 name tags from old receptions
1 half-eaten bar of chocolate
2 red apples
1 yogurt (in the mornings only)
1 Whatever I'm bringing for Lunch
1 lightweight Scarf
1 umbrella
1 Plastic cutlery set
1 Map of DC Metro
1 Small Notebook/Notepad
1 CBCF Internship Program Packet
and finally...1 folder from the Food and Water Watch Congressional Hearing

Man, no wonder my shoulders are extremely tense and sore after a day at work. And the ironic thing is that I am not usually one of those girls who carry around huge shoulder bags. All I need is some water, bandages, and medicine, and I'll be prepared for anything. Its ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment