Friday, June 4, 2010

This time, I am quite late on the postings, but hey, things happen. Also, I figure that I'll be one day late for every post, as things tend to happen in the evening/night, so its best to report them the next day.

So lets see, what happened on..I really have no clue what today is so.... OK This post is for Wednesday!

So nothing much happened on Wednesday. We had a Congressional Black Caucus luncheon, which was nice.

The only thing I remember, was during my lunch break, I wandered around the area near the Rayburn Building (where we meet most of the time) and I took a bunch of pics of the surrounding area.

this is what the Capitol Building looks like regularly: (generic picture)



The first two are of the Capitol Building, front and back.


The one with the trees reminded me of Scripps. The Capitol Building would look right at home on Scripps campus or visa versa, I think.

The next is the small fountain found in the front part of the Capitol Building:



This is a more scenic view of that small fountain, with the Washington Monument in the background.



But what are those things in the water? Ducks, thats right!



Its a regular zoo here in DC. There a bunch of squirrels, even ones that come up and beg for food.



I'm surprised I haven't seen any stray dogs. Next thing you know, we'll see Riot-Dog in town!



This is another fountain with a shot of the Capital Building in back. I particularly like the lion head faucets or whatever you call them on the fountain. Interesting architectural touch.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete