Friday, June 4, 2010

Mini-rant

hold up, hold up. I have a mini rant, one of the few drawbacks of living in DC. If you are under 21, it is hard to go to bars/clubs. The important part to remember is that after work, many bars and clubs have a happy hour from anywhere from 5-10 I would say. And you know who goes to those happy hours? People! And you know why that is important? NETWORKING!!! How can I network in DC if I can't even get in? Its not like I have a burning desire to get in because I want to drink.

Even if you're not networking, just going to dance, from ballroom, salsa, blues, and in the club, you can't really get in, except if they have certain over-18 nights. Basically, DC is not a very friendly under-21 city. It's fine if you want to do the whole look at the monuments, visit museums, explore our historical past (which I'm not nocking, as apparently a lot of the museums are free!) but still. Give us under-21 year olds, especially the 20 years old, a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment