Monday, June 21, 2010

So part 2 of going to the National Museum of the American Indian! With pictures!

Here's the outside again. I like how its all curvy outside and I'm not sure why. It kind of reminds me of Gaudi and his crazy curvy buildings in barcelona.


This is the outside in the front. I like the water as it makes it seem more natural and in touch with the natural world.


This is a statue on the outside. He has a really big headdress.


This is one the inside. these are little figurines.

These are two photos of American Indians, sorry I'm not sure what the PC term is these days, especially since it varies between scholars and the actual native peoples.

This one has the creepy eyes that follow you from one side of the room to the other

I think the rest of these are going to be self-explanatory unless i add a comment. I might find more background info on them later.

This is the eagle on top of the tree that is in the previous picture,







This is pretty cool I think. he came up with the written language part. Not any modern day people can say that!




More pictures to come soon. I need to work on my Bill for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The museum is constructed to resemble the sand dunes of the American west and remind us of the buildings that existed in American Indian culture, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete