Sunday, June 20, 2010

National Museum of the American Indian

First, HAPPY FATHERS DAY all dads, including my dad!
Today I went to the National Museum of the American Indian. First off, I did not know that there even was a museum dedicated to American Indians in Washington DC. This is not mainly due to ignorance, its more the fact that it is not very well advertised compared to the aeronautics museum or the museum of natural history. Secondly, I know for a fact that there is not an african american museum yet in DC, although it is slated to begin construction soon. I actually found out about the museum thanks to my dad who encouraged me to go. I feel as though Sunday is a good day to go to the museums because you miss the Saturday crowds and its a nice AC-ed place to go to escape from the hot sun. And its FRee! yay!
I have pictures and more but I am tired so I will post tomorrow. But below is a picture of what the museum looks like on the outside.



I don't know why its all squiggly shaped but I will find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment