Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ok, I know I posted that post for yesterday today but I was tired and had to take a nap.

So today was the first day of orientation, which involved us waking up at 6:45 so we could get to the Capitol Building so we could get a tour. Needless to say, we were accused of being slow walkers, and thus missed the tour. (It can always be scheduled later). So we got a head start on CBCF Internship Program Overview and Procedures, which was informative, but can be a bit tedious. It was mentioned that we could always re-schedule the Capitol Building Tour and I think even a White House Tour, but we probably wouldn't get to see Obama. :( !!! This is an extremely sad fact because I think he's the man. (Boondocks shout-out!)

We were given little packets that give an overview of all the members of the Black Caucus, their mugshot, a little info about them, office address, etc. This is so if we happened to meet a member of the Black Caucus, we don't commit the passé of not knowing who they are.

Anyways, so we had a little time before lunch, so I went to visit the offices of Delegate Donna Christiansen. Everyone was really nice and I even am going to have a desk I believe! I start officially on Monday after orientation is done. Lunch was really yummy; they can really cook there! We met the current president of the CBC Foundation, who was also really nice. Afterwards, we had an hour or so and then an hour again for Legislative Process and Office Protocol, which was informative. Now I'm back home. Btw, walking around in muggy DC with a suit on can be really tiring. Now I can understand why office workers are so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment