Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sin Ozone

I just realized why I had a flip-flop tan after El Tigre. It had really confused me, as I usually only get them in the dead of summer at home when I spend 24/7 at the beach. Well, mystery solved.



I completely forgot this but there is no ozone layer over Argentina! I'm not sure if it is all of Argentina but definently a good part of it; "As the ozone hole over Antarctica has in some instances grown so large as to reach southern parts of Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, and South Africa, environmentalists have been concerned that the increase in surface UV could be significant.[24]" WIkipedia.

Duh! No wonder a lot of people here look like tan french models. Its because just walking a couple blocks to their house or work is a tan in itself. No need to go to the beach. Just walk a few blocks. Time to invest in some sunscreen before I end up with some nice melanoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment