Saturday, March 5, 2011

Notes on Buenos Aires 2

I'm back with some more short musings on my time in Bs. As. so far.

1. Water is NOT free!!!!! Its sooo lame. I guess its a U.S. thing, but when you go to a restaurant, you have to pay for your water. And the water comes either sin gas or con gas. I like con gas because its like a cheap version of San pellegrino o Perierre. Also, when you go to the corner store and buy a drink, a lot of the juices come sin gas or con gas, which makes the juice more special.

2. The cheese on the pizza here is really good! they have a lot of pizza places here because of the italian influence ( there is even an italian section somewhere) and there are a lot of places which sell home-made pasta. I haven't eaten pasta here yet but I have hopes.

3. The traffic here is still killer-crazy and the people who ride motorcycles are absolute nutcases, they ride soo fast! at least they wear a helmet though.

4. I am always dehydrated here because of the lack of aforementioned water. I'm not saying I can't go buy some water, which I do, but it is never enough.

5. People drink coffee here after dinner. My host mom asked me the first two nights and then never again. But that's alright because I really don't like coffee. I kind of wish I did because they have a lot of cheap coffee here but oh well.

6. Money is sooo Cheap here for me!!! A 100 pesos is nothing!!! I need to ration my money. The exchange rate is 4 pesos to 1 american dollar, which is really good for us.

7. I went to the Japanese garden and will post pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment