Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ben's Chili Bowl

So last Saturday, we were suppose to have a tri-caucus barbecue but we were rained out, so it was cancelled.That was fine by me just because I totally forgot that the barbecue was even happening. So the rain cleared up around the time I left the apartment which was around 12. So i was going to go to the Textile museum in DC but then my friend Heidi called me. So I decided to go to Howard to hang out with her. Also when it rains, or other "extreme" weather, the Metro tends to single track. Single tracking is when the Metro makes inbound and outbound trains to take turns sharing one track on portions of the rail system. This means the Metro can be EXTREMELY SLOW!!!!!! ahhhh! But anyways, so I get to Howard, we hang out and after a while, we decided to go to Ben's Chili Bowl on U Street. This is the place where Obama has been, a place where there is a sign that says that only Bill Cosby and the Obama family are unconditionally free.









So It was crowded but I only waited in line for about 15 minutes and It was pretty cheap. I got a thing of fries, a chili dog and a veggie burger with chili for about 16 dollars. (the veggie burger was for Heidi, just for a FYI. I am not a pig. ;0 ) So I really liked the chili dog, because usually I don't like other people's chili. And I had gotten regular fries, but then I asked for some Chili and my server, I think her name was Vanessa, was extremely nice and gave me the chili on my fries for free! I made sure I tipped her good. The picture second from the bottom are what the fries look like. I saved mine and warmed them up the next day. They were good for the next day. =;)

We were going to take a picture in front of it, but we forgot because we were distracted by an ambulance coming into the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment