Friday, May 20, 2011

Ramblings

I have been living in Buenos Aires for about 3 months now and I can say that now I truely feel at home. I know how to get to my classes, which Collectivo to take, my favorite place to get a cafe con leche and tres medialunas, who I regularly hang out with on a regular basis. Recently, I just discovered a new favorite place to get chinese food and I don´t even have to go all the way to Belgrano to do so! I´ve started taking tango lessons, with a little help from my host mom. I look forward to dinner every night with my host mom as we chat about world events, funny personals on the radio, my castellano classes at IFSA, and whethere it is appropriate to say "estoy llena" at the dinner table. (It's more lower class and there are more acceptable alternatives, such as "es suficiente")...The smell of burning wood as the old trains on Line A shudder to a stop. I am definently going to miss living in this city and I really want to come back to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment