Sunday, June 5, 2011

Its already June...

I can't believe it. June already and then July, and then I am gone. I need more time; a year abroad would have been great but hindsight is a killer. Ths means that I have a bunch of papers and evaluations coming up: this week alone I have a final exam tomorrow, a parcial exam on Wednesday, and oral exam on Tuesday, regular homework for the tuesday class, 1 ten page paper due on the 22nd about arte/arquitectura to start, a 13-15 page paper to start on politics, a 4 page paper about argentine women to start...

I haven't had much time to write let alone know what I want to say. My friend sums it up the best in a porcion I borrowed from one of her posts:
" I haven't been writing, because I've felt like my ability to express myself has declined while the scope and depth of what I long to express continues to expand, to the extent where I'm standing at the edge of a chasm that widens and widens until it requires a great leap of faith to reach the other side without the necessary tools. I picture my thoughts and memories falling into this abyss, lost to the subconscious, leaving me paralyzed momentarily."

But at least somethings never change: my host mom is watching reruns of Law and Order on tv, a show that aires re-runs on Sundays tradicionally...

No comments:

Post a Comment