Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I crack myself up

Looking back at old posts are always fun because you get to see what your younger and presumably dumber self was thinking.
I remember we had to write journals in middle school and man, the stupid shit that I wrote!!!! Uggggh it was so incredibly bad in terms of middle school emo-ness and just the prose, style...No fluidity, no word play, no silver-tongue orator skills..pah..

Anyways I was looking back on this blog and I saw my first BA post when I was really excited to go. I totally thought I was going to be a tanguera and find some hot porteno to dance with. And that there would just randomly be tango dancers dressed to the nines dancing in the streets....Ah ha ha ha!!
Like this:

In reality, it was like this:



I mean, Juan was a very nice and professional teacher and I had a lot of fun dancing with him and then being able to go out and dance with other ppl. Man, if I had started from young or something, I would be amazing. But who wouldn't. At least I know I have a standing invitation to go dance with Juan if I ever come back to querida Buenos Aires.

I crack my self up. Reality is always different from dreams. But I think my jokes are the best although not everyone thinks they're funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment