Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I'm up with an earache. Well either its a regular earache or its a I-poked-my-eardrum-with-my-headphones-and-now-i'm-going-deaf earache.....I hope its not the latter.

I have this theory that when all of the good wax is taken out of the ear, you are taking away this protective layer and then your ear is more susceptible to earaches and the like. This time is no different.

It just occurred to me that since I'm up, I might as well do some homework. I find that slightly depressing although it is a reality that we seniors face. I wonder what it is about senior year that the moment we become seniors, a profound psychological/mental change is adopted; we automatically become stressed from the first moment of being seniors, making the whole thesis process ten times more stressful than it actually is. Homework for regular class is slacked on, and the handy excuse of "I'm a senior" comes into play without guilt. We use the excuse "I'm a senior, I'm allowed to miss/do X, Y, and Z" without thought, masking our intentions behind this flimsy facade. Perhaps the use of that phrase is us seniors running away from whatever assignment it may be, knowing that this will probably be one of the few times in our professional/academic career where such an excuse is viable. It also may be that we are trying to escape the looming confines of the real world and it manifests itself in this senior year mentality. What do seniors think?

No comments:

Post a Comment