Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Euphoria in LA



‎"It was like the entire show," said Will Smith. "It was almost like people were coming there specifically to scream. And like the girls were taking turns going 'Yeah!' And when [one girl's] getting ready to stop, she points to her girlfriend to take over. It was like, damn, just hours of sustained screaming."





The night of Thursday October 7th was the reason I didn't turn in my civil libs and fundamental rights essay and only had 7 pages for senior seminar but it was soo worth it. I would honestly say that it was a different kind of learning that can't take place in the classroom but can only be learnt through experience.

I went to Enrique Iglesia's Euphoria concert in Los Angeles at the Staples Center, and let me tell you, it was the best decision of my life. In fact, it ranks as the best 3 hours of my life. Kike is just..amazing. He really cares about making a connection with his fans, it down to earth, and very unpretentious. At one point, I was literally less than 10 feet away from him, and would have been closer if it wasn't for dumb security (and no, I didn't have front row seats but I did have back-floor seats)!!!!

I was really nervous about traveling and spending the night in LA alone and navigating the train and metro system in LA by myself. I was extremely early (I arrived at 4, when the concert 'started' at 7). And on the way back, the train to Claremont left at 7:45, and I arrived at the train station at 7, having woken up at 6:30...and I was only 10 minutes late to work. Not bad. I was glad though that I decided to go by myself and navigate the trains in L.A. because now I am definitely more comfortable traveling to LA if I need to by myself. Spending several months in a country where the language is not your first and just a simple trip around the block can be an ordeal will definitely boost one's confidence levels and ability to act independently. Gracias Buenos Aires por todos.

So right now my throat is killing me because I was sustained screaming like a crazy fangirl for 3 hours, just like Will Smith said. But it was soo worth it. My next step is getting a VIP package where I can meet Kike...but they are expensive. The cheapest is $300, I believe. I think I'll wait a year or two and then spring for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment