Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shakespeare Redone

If you don't like Shakespeare, go watch it. If you do like Shakespeare, watch it. If ur in the middle or undecided, heck, go watch it!

BBC did a remake of several of Will Shakes' plays, including Macbeth, Mucho Ado about Nothing, The Taming of the Shrew, and Midsummer Night's Dream.

 I just watched Midsummer Night's Dream with a friend and boy was it worth it. There was minimal actual lines from Shakespeare but enough so it remained true to the original story and its modern update at the same time. As it is inherently a comedy, the producers sure ran away and had a good time with this one. The quotes are hilarious!

Such as:  "If you don't give me that love juice, I am going to give you a midsummer night's dream in your place where the sun don't shine."

or "Is Puck short for Puck-up by any chance?" 

It has its sweet lines too, when the father is in the middle of redoing his vows and he reads a poem. It goes like this:

Yours is the voice I hope to hear / When my phone says "One missed call"
Yours are the hands I want holding my ladder 
When I'm papering the stairs and the hall. 
 Yours is the face I long to see 
When I'm delayed at Waterloo. 
And yours is the duvet I long to share 
When my Calor gas is through. 
Yours is the sartorial eye that I crave 
When I'm having last minute suit doubts. 
And yours is the hand that I want to hold 
During funerals and penalty shoot-outs.
 Long before my mind was made up 
My heart belonged to you. 
And at last I'm listening to all that it says 
And I hope that you are too. 

Sweet Right? it has something for everyone unless ur a complete cynic who has no respect for joy and life. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment