Sunday, September 23, 2012

October: Diabetes Walk

So in other news,  The Month of August is going to be terribly busy for me. We have soo much planned. There is going to be a powwow at San Manuel; we are going on an Ancestor Walk to carry prayers for the ancestors of the Gabrielino Tongva People and the Acjachemen People to their sacred sites in SoCal; we are going to a Cultural Day at Pechanga in Temecula, and of course, the Diabetes Walk!

The Diabetes Walk is a national walk where ppl run/walk and raise funds and awareness to support those who have Diabetes. I am going to the one in Los Angeles.



So I have to do fundraising. :S

It always reminds me of that horrible time one year when we had to do fundraising for Las Vegas Night for montessori and mom made us ask ppl if they would like to buy some raffle tickets to support us.....uuuuuugh painful! i hate bothering ppl like that, especially for money. To me, it seems crude, even though I know most ppl don't mind giving money to support worthy causes/events/charities and a lot of them probs wouldn't have known about it had I not told them about it so they were glad I asked. But still.....

No comments:

Post a Comment