Friday, April 1, 2011

Alfajores y other Goodies

Today I went this this confiteria very close to my house ad bought 2 pastries. My host mom had been raving about the pastries and this place. She said it was rich and kinda pricey which equals even better taste. So i duly went and checked it out.

I bought a Alfajor, which is a type of dessert which has its roots as a traditional arabic dessert. In most American alfajores there are two layers of cake, and a filling in between. In Argentina its basic form consists of two round sweet biscuits joined together with dulce de leche or jam and covered with powdered sugar. Another popular feature of the alfajor, although not always present, is a coating of black or white chocolate (many alfajores are sold in "black" and "white" flavours).

The one that you see below is a white alfajor.Look at that dulce de leche in the inside!


YUM!!!


I also bought a CaƱones rellenos con dulce de leche. I haven't tasted it yet after going into that diabetic coma after eating the alfajor but it will be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment